Thursday, January 10, 2008

All about Online Learning

I started thinking of applying to an online university for taking an MBA degree through e –learning. This was my big old dream of doing MBA, which I could not do after completion of my graduation due to various reasons.

Initially, I thought of doing through distance education but it had its own disadvantages as far as I was concerned in my case. First and the major one is -I don’t have to go to the place and take the classes. So obviously I choose online education for my MBA course. Many tried to tell the negative aspects of online education but the fact that nearly 3.5 million students were participating in on-line learning at institutions of higher education in the United States every year made me feel confident in achieving my goal.

All I found that till now that- when you get an education online, you have access to a virtual classroom 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. You can log in any time you want. If you want your classroom session to commence at 3 o'clock in the morning you are free to do so. However, don't expect the academic challenge to be any less than if you went to a 'regular' college. You will still have assignments that will have deadlines, and you will still need to study for your exams.

Right now I’m collecting some more information regarding the online universities and the aspects of the MBA courses they offer like the curriculum, duration and the reputation of the university.

No comments: